Sound Destruction: ON THE ROAD AGAIN

Monday, November 21, 2005

ON THE ROAD AGAIN



The family & I are hitting the road, off to New Jersey to join Strider & family for Thanksgiving at my parent's and to catch up with family & friends as well. I think I've spent every one of my 35 years celebrating Thanksgiving with them. Watching the Macy's Day Parade then football while food's being prepared; feasting on my mom's outrageous traditional Thanksgiving feast which is always accompanied by sparkling cider and conversation that equally flows; to my favorite...pumpkin pie! *Mmmm*

Of course, a road trip for me wouldn't be complete without seeking "47" sightings and cool bumper stickers along the way. Speaking of, our blogger buddy, TLP, sent me the hillarious bumper sticker above to share with you all here. (thanks, TLP)

During my stay in NJ I'll continue to blog just with less frequency. To everyone traveling, I wish you and yours a safe, expedient, and entertaining trip. In the meantime, feel free to share your favorite Thanksgiving traditions along with how you entertain yourself when travelling.

13 Comments:

Blogger Doug The Una said...

Don't look at me.

For 15-18 years I lived far from my family and never travelled on Thanksgiving. But I'd call. The Thanksgiving passaround go pretty bad after my parents remarries and then my brother married and had in-laws and friends and extended family. It got to where I would say "I'm fine" 47 times. I moved to California not for love of family but love of brevity.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Agent 31 said...

I just listen to XM Radio now. It is my road savior. My wife and I really enjoy the comedy stations and I, personally, am a big fan of the Ethel station on channel 47. I'd recommend it to anyone.

9:40 AM  
Blogger GABRIEL C. ZOLMAN said...

Re: the bumper sticker.

Talk about taking one for the team. I nominate Janine Garofalo. It would be the first funny thing she's done in years.

Then maybe somebody could come by and get ME impeached for a few minutes...

)+(

10:07 AM  
Blogger Omnipotent Poobah said...

Sar,

Have a good Thanksgiv..er, Christm...er, have a good holiday type thingy, whichever one we're allowed to utter these days.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Lila said...

LOL!

I'm with Doug -- not it!

11:37 AM  
Blogger Sar said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Sar said...

Greetings from New Jersey all! Better yet, greetings from the computer of my pal, the infamous MOXIEGRRRL!!! I'm having dinner with her and Kid Bastard tonight. And since I had no connection to my laptop at the inlaws when I got in (grr!), I come to you know from the inner sanctum of MoxieGrrl. Oh that sounds bad. Moving right along...

Doug - Aw, a 47 reference. I'm sorry, you were saying? ;)

Maine - We've got Syrius but it's in hubby's car. Lot of good that did us today. But channel 47? Right on!

Gabriel - I could have predicted your last response.

Poobah - And a Happy, Merry to you too!

Aral - There are certain sacrifices we all must make for the betterment of our country, right?

7:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

have a great and safe trip, pumpkin!

8:37 PM  
Blogger Cooper said...

Safe travels.

I'm going home as well but it's not really home as my parents moved last year. I'm coming back to NY as quick as possible.

Don't look at me either...
I wouldn't give a blow job to a Democrat I'm certainly not
going to give one to a Republican.

8:57 PM  
Blogger dddragon said...

Not me, either!! Lawd, who would?

I mean, even Laura?! wait, I didn't mean to go there ...

9:09 PM  
Blogger Mike V. said...

Alice, why do you hate polititians so much.. :)

12:32 AM  
Blogger Sar said...

Karma - Thanks my pampered sister in spirit! :)

Alice - "No my name ain't Monica...it's Alice, Miss Wonderland if you're nasty!" Safe travels to you too, my NYC gal pal.

Dddragon! Like mother - like daughter - like me. ;)

Actonbell - The cow game sounds like fun, especially with the cemetery twist! I'm not familiar with "Alice's Restaraunt" as a road game (should I be embarrassed by this ignorance?).

Mike - New icon, huh? Looking pretty deviant! And I can't answer for Alice, but I'd hazard a guess that it's because she's one smart cookie.

7:45 PM  
Blogger Fred said...

Have a great trip, and enjoy your Thanksgiving!

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter