Sound Destruction: NOT ALL VIRGINIANS ARE POLARIZED IDIOTS!

Saturday, November 05, 2005

NOT ALL VIRGINIANS ARE POLARIZED IDIOTS!



I came across this disturbing image on a color trifold GOP flyer with the title "One Clear Choice" in today's mail. I also heard on the news today that Bush will be in the area on Monday for a Kilgore rally. Hey, maybe Dubya will bring along that guitar he can't play!

But seriously, can someone explain to me with Bush's approval ratings tanking big time, his administration coming under fire and indictment, and with an increasing number of GOPers on Capitol Hill distancing themselves from him, how anyone in their right mind would align themselves with Bush?

Remember how I was asking is Virginia that far behind the times? What a disgrace.

9 Comments:

Blogger Lila said...

That is pretty strange. I wouldn't want Dubya endorsing me these days, even if I were a conservative Republican.

10:14 PM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Me either, but it's probably about turning out the base. If you have 1/3 support but they turn out twice as often as your opponent's support, you win.

11:43 PM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

BTW, who's the exception? :-P

11:44 PM  
Blogger tlm said...

I suppose you're looking for an explanation other than... cause he's the leader of the Republican party. :)

11:59 PM  
Blogger dddragon said...

(Sar, I did post that beautiful leaf for you!)

Our paper today has an article about the Stonewall Democrats hosting "retirement parties" for Santorum. I sure hope that Santorum gets beaten at the polls here in PA.

8:15 AM  
Blogger Sar said...

AP3 - Thank you - this is what I'm saying!

Doug - The base and the exception. Reminds me of a great line from Boston Legal last week. Denny Crane (played by William Shatner) said "One thing we Republicans are is consistent; we stand by our convictions even when we know we're wrong."

TLM - I suppose you're right. Though he's an arrogant, callous, murdering, brainless twit, Bush does remain the leader of the Republican party.

Dddragon - Woohoo a beautiful leaf for me! :) Here's hoping Kilgore will aptly join a Santorum retirement party.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Omnipotent Poobah said...

Maybe Virginia stays behind the times because that think like the head of British intelligence in the 60's.

He once said of their efforts to be on the cutting edge (and I paraphrase here)

"Perhaps we should give the Soviets all of our secrets, that way they can be 10 years behind the times just like us."

Hmmm.

1:49 PM  
Blogger Agent 31 said...

Sar, Virginians don't give a fuck. We're voting the party line - end of transaction. Thinking is for them learnin' states.

11:47 AM  
Blogger Sar said...

Actonbell - I'll be following the elections in Pennsyltucky; may the times be with you!

Poobah - Then he said "Groovy Baby". No, wait. That was Austin Powers. My bad.

Maine - Let's face it, we're renegade thinkers.

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter