Sound Destruction: YOU GO GRANDMA!

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

YOU GO GRANDMA!

18 grandmothers arrested at Iraq war protest

October 17, 2005, 8:18 PM EDT

NEW YORK (AP) _ Eighteen grandmothers were arrested and face charges of disorderly conduct after they showed up at a military recruiting center and said they wanted to enlist, a protest group said.

Police arrested the women, ranging in age from 49 to 90, Monday afternoon after they sat down in front of the Times Square recruiting station to protest the war in Iraq, police said. When the 18 women, including Marie Runyon, who is 90 and blind, tried to enter the station, they found it locked, said Joan Wile, 74, director of
Grandmothers against the War.


BEST LINE FROM THE ARTICAL?

"We tried to ring the bell at the booth, but no one answered," Wile said. "I saw a head poke up from behind the counter every once in a while and then duck back down."

THEY WERE AFRAID!!!!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

9 Comments:

Blogger tlm said...

You don't think grandmas are terrifying?? Mine's very intimidating. Especially after several Martinis.

12:37 AM  
Blogger Chris Woods said...

I wonder how Bill O'Reilly will attack them?

2:01 AM  
Blogger Omnipotent Poobah said...

If they take them into the Marines I guess the term "leatherneck" would take on a whole new meaning. I'd guess most everything they have is leather at that age.

Hooray for the Fightin' Grannies!

10:45 AM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

I wonder if they hide from Apple Pie.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Sar said...

When Golden Girls Attack!

I know I'd turn and run from Bea Arthur.

Btw, I was just the 9,000 visitor here. Do I get a special prize?

1:11 PM  
Blogger TLP said...

Good post. But ya know, they never refer to men who are 49 and older as "Grandfathers." That's kinda annoying.

(It's not my blog, so I don't get to complain. But I'm gonna anyway. I figure that I just cannot live with myself if I let a comment like, "At least those grannies have an advantage for not getting raped in jail by the big butch lesbians." go without saying that it's very ugly, and uncalled for.)

Since it's your blog, you can just delete my comment. But at least I know I didn't just stand by.

9:16 PM  
Blogger Sar said...

TLP - You absolutely get to voice your opinion and, as in this case, disgust. Though not always endorsed, all views and opinions are welcome here.

11:17 PM  
Blogger Sar said...

Jeez, Araider. I'll spell it out for you. One of TLP's daughters is a lesbian, not to mention one of my favorite fellow bloggers. Say what you will, but expect the wrath of the Pez in return!

7:35 AM  
Blogger TLP said...

Guess what araider? It is not the gays who do the raping in jail. It's straight guys. The gays get raped.

But I know that your mother is proud of you too.

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter