Sound Destruction: GLOBAL PROTECTION

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

GLOBAL PROTECTION



(I voted for Clinton, twice, but even I had to laugh at the compounded irony in this story...)

A rubber company in China has begun marketing condoms under the brand names Clinton and Lewinsky.

Spokesman Liu Wenhua of the Guangzhou Rubber Group said the company was handing out 100,000 free Clinton and Lewinsky condoms as part of a promotion to raise consumer awareness of its new products. He said that after the promotion ends, the Clinton condoms will go on sale in southern China for 29.8 Yuan ($3.72) for a box of 12, while the Lewinsky model will be priced at 18.8 Yuan ($2.35) for the same quantity. "The Clinton condom will be the top of our line," he said. "The Lewinsky condom is not quite as good."

(*chuckle*)

Liu said the company had chosen to use the Clinton name because consumers viewed the former president as a responsible person, who would want to stress safe sex as an effective way to prevent the spread of the HIV virus.

(*snicker*)

"The names we chose are symbols of people who are responsible and dedicated to their jobs," he said. "I believe Bill Clinton cannot be unhappy about this because he's a very generous man."

(*giggle*)

(And of course the biggest irony? I'll give you a hint - it's blue & women's apparel.)

11 Comments:

Blogger Doug The Una said...

I bet the Lewinsky is bigger.

You raise a good point, Sar. They should be marketing fabric treatments under the same names.

3:33 PM  
Blogger Sar said...

Warning All - I am in a very warped frame of mind...

*snicker* The spam said "quit smoking"!

*giggle* Doug said "raise a good point"!

Araider - If memory serves, the cigar didn't smell of smoke.

I'm so bad.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Young lady!

4:52 PM  
Blogger Sar said...

Hey, can't say I didn't warn you! And what is it with all of your multiple bloginalities, hmm, Doug? ;)

6:11 PM  
Blogger dddragon said...

doug is creative, eh?

And, does the cigar still smell if you don't inhale?

9:45 PM  
Blogger Sar said...

Dddragon - Cigars can't smell, they don't have noses! :) As for our friend Doug being creative? Without a doubt. But I'm still worried about the multiple bloginalities. The dog commended me but the Una scolded me!

10:26 PM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Willie is my Yin and the Una yang. I wish one of them would remind me to change over after I've commented on Goa'ulds blog.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Mike V. said...

are you sure its not "blew" in womens apparel. :)

5:34 PM  
Blogger Sar said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Sar said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:30 PM  
Blogger Sar said...

Doug - I've been meaning to compliment your new icon - nice yin! :)

Mike - Ha! And perhaps "on" vs "in". Good to have you back.

All - you should treat yourselves to Mike's spectacular vacation pictures at http://michaelav.blogspot.com/

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter