Sound Destruction: BUH BYE BOB!

Friday, August 05, 2005

BUH BYE BOB!




Robert Novak swore and then stormed off the set of CNN's "Inside Politics" Thursday (August 4), prompting CNN to suspend him indefinitely.

During the show, James Carville and Novak talked about the Senate candidacy of Republican Katherine Harris, who as Florida's secretary of state presided over the tumultuous 2000 presidential recount. Novak argued the opposition of Florida's Republican establishment might not necessarily hurt Harris. ''Let me just finish, James, please,'' Novak continued. ''I know you hate to hear me, but you have to.'' Carville, looking at host Ed Henry, said, "He's got to show these right-wingers that he's got a backbone, you know. It's why the Wall Street Journal editorial page is watching you. Show 'em that you're tough.''

So...was it Carville's comment that pissed him off or was it running away to dodge Ed Henry's upcoming Plame questions? Hmmm...

11 Comments:

Blogger Cooper said...

I didn't see it. I can say I am pretty liberal in most all cases but I can see it as Novak being right. he maybe should not have walked off but I often feel CNN is almost as bad as Fox and the problem at times with liberal democrats is that they bark up the wrong tree ( hound more likely) due to the fact that they have not figured out which tree to bark up.

12:31 PM  
Blogger tlm said...

It's obvious Novak was looking for any excuse to get out of there. The old man has completely lost it.

Also, I give Ed Henry and Serpenthead tremendous credit for continuing on, almost seamlessly... despite the very bizarre situation.

2:36 PM  
Blogger M. Martin said...

i love the ragin' cajun.

6:46 PM  
Blogger Chris Woods said...

The thing was, the comments from Carville were nothing compared to the other verbal spats they've had before. And trust me, they've been bad. I used to watch crossfire religiously.

And Ed Henry hadn't even gotten a chance to ask him a question yet. Evidently tho, there was a considerable amount of tension between Novak and Henry because of the impending CIA leak questions. Maybe this was Novak's excuse to get out of there quick and not answer questions.

7:08 PM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

I didn't see it either. I think Novak is probably the gutsiest of the right wing hacks, and Carville from the left so I'd have enjoyed watching.

Alice, I think the liberal dems have trouble picking the right tree to bark up because they're the possum.

(Sorry, Sar)

7:10 PM  
Blogger Sar said...

Alice - I didn't see it either, and while I'm not a fan of mainstream media soap operas, I would've loved to have seen it!

TLM - I agree, stick a fork in him.

(Yes you sure do, Strider!)

CW - I wonder if he choreographed it in advance.

Doug - Alice is right, it's just a matter of the forrest being too dense (and I ain't no possum!).

9:25 PM  
Blogger SheaNC said...

Those silly republicans... always ready to show "resolve" and "stay the course"

1:35 AM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Sar, you sure ain't. But there was a metaphor on the table. You know how I get.

10:51 AM  
Blogger Sar said...

Nedhead - Anyway, I didn't realize that possums bark. Things you can learn from the right....- Niiice!

Shea - Because to do otherwise would be to *gasp* flip flop!

Doug - Yeah, yeah, sure, sure.

12:20 PM  
Blogger GABRIEL C. ZOLMAN said...

Maybe this will make up for the number of times I've swore and stormed out of the living room while that show is on...

)+(

2:29 PM  
Blogger Sar said...

Gabe - you, swearing? Nooooo....

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter