Sound Destruction: War Of The Worlds

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

War Of The Worlds

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Strider & I saw War Of The Worlds this weekend. Relax, I'm not about to throw out any spoilers. Rather, just a few observations. Tom Cruise still can't act. If I had the luck of Tom Cruise's character, I'd buy every lottery ticket and wind up so rich, Bill Gates would be hitting me up for cash. I also found it odd that in one scene all the neighbors had sheets hanging on the line in their backyards. Okay first of all, does this neighborhood have a designated linen washing day? And why didn't they use their dryers? Because there's no way in urban New Jersey they were trying to achieve that fresh outdoor crisp linen scent! Oh, and the special effects were amazing.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe it was an Amish neighborhood. Having just been through Amish country last weekend, I can attest that they all hang their laundry out to dry!

2:39 PM  
Blogger Sar said...

Definately not Amish, Bulldog, though lack of power does occur in the movie.

4:11 PM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Right, if they had been churning butter, I'd have been very suspicious. Thanks for not giving away any endings. I was looking forward to that movie but damn H.G. Wells gave away the whole thing.

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A designated linen drying day?

Tom Cruise did offically lose his mind last week, I think.

Tom Cruise used to be soooo good. My friend explained that he's reached the second highest level in Scientology, and at that level you go around acting like Tom Cruise has been.

Asked what happens when you reach the highest level. My friend asked some people. Nobody knows!

And right, Doug, damn that HG Wells--what a spoiler

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How right you are about hanging that linen out in urban Jersey! It's NOT happenin'!
Peace...........

9:38 PM  
Blogger Sar said...

Yeah, Doug, the nerve of some people. Who does he think he is, Speilberg?

I agree, Pia, the uniform linens were nearly as bizarre as Tom Cruise's newfound behavior. I'll betcha The Enquirer is crossing ever finger on staff in the hopes he'll reach that top tier.

Helen - last time I checked, I don't think they make a Bounce scented sheet in swamp breeze either.

10:48 PM  
Blogger Gunga Dan said...

Sar, yeah, the movie was full of things like the sheets. I was up all night trying to explain some of the goofy shit to myself! That said, it does have its "Damn, I've soiled my drawers" moments...

12:56 AM  
Blogger Sar said...

Bro K - I think the goofy sheet scenarios countered any potential soiling drawer moments for me. Boy, that just sounds weird.

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter