Sound Destruction: THIS IS FREAKY!

Saturday, July 16, 2005

THIS IS FREAKY!

I watched this late at night and it really did freak me out!

watch it with the lights off at 3am for maximum effect.

UPDATE:
after watching this thing I did some research to see who made it and find out what else I could see from that director because it was soooo good.

so here is the deal...the video (called rubber johnny) was made by chris cunningham.
when I found this out I felt silly for not knowing. it is along the lines of everything else he does.

rubber johnny:
synopsis: johnny is a hyperactive, shape-shifting mutant child, kept locked away in a basement. with only his feverish imagination and his terrified dog for company, he finds ways to amuse himself in the dark.

chris cunningham is a brilliant director who started out making videos for artists such as bjork (all is full of love), placebo (36 degrees) aphex twin, madonna (frozen), and portishead (only you). to me his 2 most memorable are the videos for widowlicker by aphex twin (it's also freaky and weird - watch it here) and the video for come to daddy by apex twin but his videos are all great. watch out cus I am not sure if the whole videos are represented and some can be offensive (language) and can be pretty freaky. this is just a few of his videos. he is now embarking on making short films of which rubber johnny is one. the clip being bounced around the internet is the trailer for it. (and the muic in it is aphex twins). someone needs to get this guy to make a full length film ASAP!

if you want to see more buy this (I have it and it's great).

there is a series of dvd's released called the director series. the first 3 are great and now looking at amazon I see a 4th 5th 6th and 7th have been released.

off to the store for me!

10 Comments:

Blogger SheaNC said...

Indeed it is. I didn't know they had installed cameras inside the oval office. Those late-night meetings with Rove look brutal.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

OK. Wierd. Eraserhead 2005. Please don't make me watch it again. I'll be good.

1:33 AM  
Blogger M. Martin said...

i took care of the extra posts for ya ruskie.

i am gonna explant the origional post and explain what it is.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Sar said...

FREAKY!!! (I noticed the resemblence also, Shea).

Doug, aha, we've found your weakness! I'll bet Gabriel will dig it though.

And for those not paying attention...

ARAIDER IS RUSKIE.

11:22 AM  
Blogger One of the many said...

That was interesting. The sound didn't work well so I had to have my ear to the speaker which I think may have taken away from the whone effect. I've seen some of the other videos you mentioned. I love that site.

11:30 AM  
Blogger M. Martin said...

laura - the sound has a lot to do with it. it adds to the atmosphere

did i spell that right? i am going with 'atmosphere'. i dont feel like spell checking this.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Your right, Sar! Someone tell Gabriel!

2:44 PM  
Blogger GABRIEL C. ZOLMAN said...

I saw it last night. I was impressed.

I'm reminded of a film called "Begotten"--does anyone remember that one?

It's like Eraserhead, but demonic.

And I really like Aphex Twin.

)+(

6:27 PM  
Blogger Agent 31 said...

...!

9:57 AM  
Blogger M. Martin said...

spooky...right maine?

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter