Sound Destruction: IT'S A START

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

IT'S A START

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

NEW YORK - If you're a moviegoer who hates sitting through the Fandango sack puppets, coming attractions and Inconsiderate Cell Phone Man, here's some really good news: Loews Cineplex Entertainment will begin advertising movie showtimes with a note saying most movies actually start 10 to 15 minutes later because of all those commercials, public service announcements and previews.



now that is all well and good and it shows that the movie theatres know that it's pissing people off...but I still don't want commercials before my movie! I pay too much damn money to have to sit through them.

plus I don't know about you but if I am hanging with friends we often spend time chatting before the movie starts. it will still be a huge commercial being flashed up on a 30ft screen demanding to be noticed. F that...

also don't we all know already that we are going to see 8 commercials before a movie? (we counted before charlie and the chocolate factory)

maybe we can start some kind of civil disobedience and yell something at the commercials or talk really loud over them making the point that you are not going to sit and stare at it. I don't know...I am just winging it here....any ideas out there?

maybe these guys have the right idea.

8 Comments:

Blogger Doug The Una said...

I'm all for civil disobedience of a loud and obnoxious nature. Can we have ribbons? I went to see The Fantastic Four with a buddy on Friday and actually forgot what movie I was waiting for before the commercials ended. Imagine my disappointment.

10:55 AM  
Blogger tlm said...

Works for me! This has been a major peeve of mine for a long time. (And probably a big reason why I've been to movie theaters maybe 2 times in the last 5 years...)

12:37 PM  
Blogger Sar said...

I went with Strider to see Charlie & The Chocolate Factory (much to my own surprise, I soooo loved it, btw!) and he guessed it would be 6 commercials - ended up being 8. He was exceptionally unhappy about that. But he made a good point that he didn't mention in his post. They don't even show 8 commercials when you're at home and thankfully able to get up and do something else.

So yes, let's start a revolution! I'm going to see Wedding Crashers with hubby tonight. So, what should I say during the inevitable commercials??? We should have like a code word that we yell out!

2:37 PM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Sar, "Free Hollywood!?"

2:39 PM  
Blogger GABRIEL C. ZOLMAN said...

Doug, if you saw Fantastic Four, I can imagine that the commercials were the least of your disappointment...

Dr. Doom does not approve!

But yeah...by the time the commercials, ads, and previews are done, I've eaten all my popcorn.

)+(

6:53 PM  
Blogger M. Martin said...

yeah...that is the other pitfall...finishing your pocorn before the movie even starts.

maybe we should yell..."PEPSI OWES ME A LARGE POPCORN!"

8:21 PM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Gabriel, you're not wrong. Of course, I always thought that was wussy comic book, anyhow. Except for thing, he's kind of my role model.

8:37 PM  
Blogger Sar said...

At the very least free refills so that you have a productive excuse for getting up and walking out during the commercial onslaught.

I can see it now - half the theater chanting REFUND and the other chanting REFILL.

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter