Sound Destruction: AT LEAST I GOT A NICE TAN!

Monday, July 25, 2005

AT LEAST I GOT A NICE TAN!



For the record, Expedia reviews are full of shit because the Carousel Hotel sucked. Why? For starters the long lines waiting for their 2 sole elevators servicing 22 floors that closed as fast as they opened which only those brave enough to risk losing an appendage were able to access. Housekeeping was MIA until we returned from a full day at the beach and called for service every single day. The staff was incompetent at best. Hubby's inquiry if the empty USA Today bins could expect delivery was answered with a shrug (really!). My repeated requests for assistance accessing in-room internet were finally met with a visit from Turk the Shaft-reincarnated maintenance dude who insisted that all the rooms had no internet access followed by a nasty exchange with the front desk which prompted a visit from a butch security guard dudette (guess they knew I was on the verge of going Russell Crowe at that point), who then arranged for a call from Gary the condominium sales dude who then failed to keep his promise of coming to help.

My attempt to soothe my frustrations with a Cafe Mocha at their touted Starbucks bar was met with a cup full of awful tasting liquid in a Starbucks cup. When I nearly spit it out, they promptly took it and added overly sweetened glop from a machine. Did I mention there were flies swirling en mass inside the hotel? Not to be outdone, dinner at Paoli's "fine Italian dining" was anything but. The food was tasteless and way overpriced, the wine was warm and watered down, peeling molding revealed rotted walls and the restrooms stank from clogged plumbing. I'm guessing their "I heart Bob" and "We heart Our Gov." signs plastered on the windows along with the autographed photographs from Maryland's Governor stating "Thanks for your support" keep that place open.

And still keeping in the spirit of a good rant, though the beach was beautiful and the boardwalk was fun, we felt like sardines packed between the masses. And we did manage to enjoy one good meal (at Fresco's), though sadly it wasn't until our last dinner.

So, as promised my blogger buddies, your souvenir:

"Sar went to Ocean City and all she brought me was this rant!"

14 Comments:

Blogger Chris Woods said...

Excelent rant, Sar!

I'll remember not to visit Ocean City any time soon.

10:21 PM  
Blogger GABRIEL C. ZOLMAN said...

Maybe their "I heart Bob" shirt implies a love of BOB DOBBS?

)+(

12:48 AM  
Blogger Z said...

If you feel like it drop by my blog. I am asking my fellow bloggers to ask me 3 questions of their choice. Come and play

4:34 AM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

I'm sorry it was such a bad vacation, but will you still be my friend if I admit I laughed all the way through your post? "Shaft-reincarnated" is a phrase I plan to steal.

There's a famous Barbecue joint in Blue Ridge, GA that's covered in Pat Buchanan campaign materials.

8:14 AM  
Blogger Z said...

Hi Sar,

When you have put the code for Creme de la Creme on your blog I will move you to the members list. Thanks, love T xxx

8:27 AM  
Blogger Sar said...

Thanks, CW! I know I'm a day behind, but I'm going to pop over and leave a comment about your t-shirt quotes.

Araider - I saw JR's, but was too afraid to try. We ate a pisspoor excuse for seafood at Conyers (sp?) on the boardwalk though. Bleh! And "Ocean Shitty" would have made a kickass post title!

Gabe - I forgot to mention at least there was some comedic relief when we saw the signs for Mother Cluckers and Big Pecker's.

Doug - Of course! I decided in the interest of entertainment I would attempt to put a humerous twist on the story, so I'm glad to hear it came through. And for a nominal fee and proper author acknowledgment, "Shaft reincarnated" is all yours.

TS - what, no comment about my trip? I even made it a funny post, Doug said so!

10:17 AM  
Blogger Z said...

Sorry Sar, my mind has been elsewhere today. No excuses, it was very crap of me xx

I had a similar trip when me and the hubbie went to Lanzarote (or should that be Lanzagrotty). It was not much fun, but at least I bought home a piece of volcano and learnt some spanish.

BTW, I have moved you to the members list now.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Sar said...

TS - no worries & thanks for the invite! :)

12:48 PM  
Blogger Z said...

No problem, but I could have sworn you joined ages ago. My memories not what it used to be.

3:48 PM  
Blogger Jet said...

I guess no vacation is a complete bust if you keep your sense of humor! Thanks for the laugh; my condolences on everything else.

8:15 PM  
Blogger Sar said...

TS - I think I may suffer from the same affliction, but I'm not...what were we talking about?

Jet - Groovy icon! Glad I could pass along a little humor. :)

9:26 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Nice rant! And knowing how important your internet access is, I'm surprised you DIDN'T go all Crowe on their asses.

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sar,

Although we didn't set foot inside these fine establishments, who could forget the staples of Ocean City (from this point forward "Ocean Shitty"--thanks, araider): Mother Clucker's, Big Pecker's, Bad Ass Cafe and Crabby Dick's. By the way, we passed Crabby Dick's on the way home, and their sign outside invited us to try their "dirty balls." Mmmmm....how appetizing! I don't know how we could have passed up that offer!

At least we got to rant together!
~Mar

9:19 AM  
Blogger Sar said...

Chris - I nearly did! The potential for bad publicity shots held me back.

Mar - Yes, of course! I was so engrossed in my rant that I forgot to add those (though I didn't know about the dirty balls). And we both forgot Bigassawoman Bay!

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter