Sound Destruction: MORE MOVIE NEWS

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

MORE MOVIE NEWS

UPDATE
Batman begins sequel
joker rumored. it's down to crispin glover and mark hamill.
interesting choices...george mcfly and luke skywalker.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I got some good feedback about my last post about upcoming movies so I figured I would try it again.

file under - what are they thinking?

hawaii five-o
mr crappy movie himself, ben affleck wants to star in the big-screen version of this mediocre TV show. can someone throw ben in jail before we will be forced to hear the dimwit saying "Book 'em, Danno" over and over in commercials before the movie comes out.

knight rider: the movie
apparently producers who wanted to put this movie together told david hasselhoff KITT shouldn't talk. after holding his ground for two years the producers caved and the car's voice shall be heard. I bet when KITT starts talking he will tell them that this movie is a stupid idea.

beetlejuice 2
it has been reported that michael keaton would "seriously consider" doing beetlejuice 2. lets see...how many times did you have to say beetlejuice to make him appear? 3 times? damn...I said it 3 times in this post...lets hope he didnt hear.

16 candles
well I am not sure what they are going to call it...maybe 37 Candles...but molly ringwald is talking up a 16 Candles sequel. I bet they will have no problem getting anthony michael hall. he needs a break from flipping burgers anyway.

RENT
well I successfully avoided seeing the broadway play...now I must successfully avoid seeing the movie also. (if you really want to see the trailer go here)

file under - could go either way

mirriormask
sorry kids...you are gonna have to watch this trailer to have any clue of what this movie is supposed to be about. all I know is it looks damn cool.

last days
the movie NOT about kurt cobains last days. no really...it's not. (see the new trailer here)

file under - high expectations

the chronicles of narnia: the lion, the witch and the wardrobe
the website is up and looks great (here), a trailer is up and looks unbelievable (go here if you don't want to peruse their website for the trailer), and now I have a new series of movies to look forward to (now that star wars and LOTR are done.)
ps.harry potter is good but I don't get too hyped about them.

charlie and the chocolate factory
no one else could have remade this film...lets hope he doesn't F it up.

harry potter and the goblet of fire
I know...I know...I said I didnt really get hyped about the harry potter films...but this was the best book yet(haven't finished the goblet of fire yet) and the trailer looks great.

14 Comments:

Blogger M. Martin said...

the same costume designers and effects crews are working chronicles that worked on LOTR so the 'look' of the movie will be there...lets just hope they get the story right.

as for ben affleck...
he is worse then keanu.
worse than steven seagal.
worse than pauly shore.
worse than david arquette.
worse than dolph lundgren.
worse than shaquille o'neal.
was that going too far?

9:21 AM  
Blogger Kid Bastard said...

First of all, I think it's neat that so many of the same people are working on Narnia that worked on LOTR, given Tolkien's and Lewis' friendship.

But the real reason I'm commenting... a f-ing KNIGHT RIDER MOVIE??!!! I made a joke about this a few weeks ago. It was a JOKE, Hasslehoff! A JOKE!! Just like that wretched dog of a TV show! I loved it when I was 10 and didn't know better, but I've seen a few episodes in syndication recently and oh my GOD, what a piece of crap.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I agree with you on the Harry Potter movies. I much prefer the books. I can't wait for the next one to be released!

10:16 AM  
Blogger Sar said...

Kid B - Most '80s shows are pretty campy and crappy in retrospect, save for Cheers and Mash and perhaps a few others.

Speaking of '80s flicks turning into movies....what about Miami Vice? Isn't Colin Farel (the hot one who's most definately on my list, *purring*, not the SNL one) playing Crocket?

12:29 PM  
Blogger tlm said...

Hey, now! I believe Anthony Michael Hall's career has taken far less of a slide than Molly Ringwald's. She should be the one wearing the fast food restaurant hairnet, in my opinion.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Mirrormask looks really cool. I think I probably won't see Willie Wonka but hope the remake adds something. The original seems unimprovable to me.

A movie of narnia is a lifelong dream for me. Better be (*&^ing good or someone's getting a boot up their ass. I can find hollywood.

1:44 PM  
Blogger M. Martin said...

I wonder how they are going to play the miami vice movie.

keep it campy?

keep it in the 80's?

no socks allowed on the set?

do all the men have to wear pastels?

1:58 PM  
Blogger Sar said...

Doug - you're right; the original WW&TCF is a cult classic.

This link has a bit of info about Miami Vice which is in fact starring bad boy hottie Colin Farrell, recent oscar winner, Jamie Foxx, and is written and directed by Michael Mann.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0430357/

5:58 PM  
Blogger Chris Woods said...

Excellent post. I like these ones. You'll have to do another in a month or so.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Kid Bastard said...

To comment on your update, Mark Hammil provided the voice for the Joker on the various animated series, and was amazing. Not sure he'll work in live action, though. A tad too old, methinks.

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just so you know, Anthony Michael Hall is working on the dead zone which got picked up for another season. Before that was when he was flipping the burgers.

Your Brother

12:59 PM  
Blogger M. Martin said...

yeah...and the show does get renewed and good reviews.

I hereby repeal my slight at anthony michael hall.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Sar said...

A comment from our brother - WOOT!

8:13 PM  
Blogger M. Martin said...

one day i am going to make a post with all of the wacky/cool/weird/interesting sites he sends me.

bro if you read this...give me a call soon. we havent chatted in a while.

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter