Sound Destruction: HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!

Monday, June 13, 2005

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!

Pink Floyd reunite for Live 8! They've set aside their differences in the hope of attracting attention to the politics behind the festival: Gilmour said:

“Like most people, I want to do everything I can to persuade the G8 leaders to make huge commitments to the relief of poverty and increased aid to the Third World. It’s crazy that America gives such a paltry percentage of its GNP to the starving nations. Any squabbles Roger and the band have had in the past are so petty in this context, and if reforming for this concert will help focus attention, then it’s got to be worthwhile.”
pigs must be flying today!

6 Comments:

Blogger SheaNC said...

One of my all time most favorite bands... ever. I'm happy.

11:59 PM  
Blogger carpediemtomorrow said...

And they're all ours, all ours I tell you!
What a fantastic concert it should be!
It's being broadcast live here, what about there, are there any concerts planned like the last time?

3:53 AM  
Blogger M. Martin said...

yeah...the show in the UK is far and away the best show...now with the reunion its no contest at all.

I wish I could go.

did you manage to get tix scott? it was a lottery right?

7:51 AM  
Blogger Koop said...

Nice blog, man. Greetings from Belgium!

8:41 AM  
Blogger Gunga Dan said...

The Great Gig In The Sky? I must be dreamin'! (I wonder if they'll invite Clare Torry to sing her wicked solo...)

1:07 PM  
Blogger M. Martin said...

what do you think the chances of gilmour and waters getting back together for a tour?

I say 30%. am I too optimistic?

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter