Sound Destruction: FAVORITE TV DADS

Thursday, June 16, 2005

FAVORITE TV DADS

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
"I BROUGHT YOU INTO THIS WORLD...AND I CAN TAKE YOU OUT!" -Cliff Huxtable

I ran into this poll ran by TiVo that asked "who is your favorite TV dad."
so i figured in tribuite to fathers day coming up I would post it and see what you think.

did they get it right? who are they forgetting? who shouldn't be on there?

and most importantly...who is your favorite TV dad?

personally I agree that bill cosby was the best but I also like frank costanza from seinfeld.

I also would point out that bernie mac is not a TV dad. he is technically their uncle on the show.

  1. Cliff Huxtable - The Cosby Show
  2. Sheriff Andy Taylor - The Andy Griffith Show
  3. Pa Ingalls - Little House on the Prairie
  4. Howard Cunningham - Happy Days
  5. Ward Cleaver - Leave it to Beaver
  6. Jim Anderson - Father Knows Best
  7. Mike Brady - The Brady Bunch
  8. Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor - Home Improvement
  9. Reverend Eric Camden - 7th Heaven
  10. Danny Tanner - Full House
  11. Raymond Barone - Everybody Loves Raymond
  12. Philip Drummond - Diff'rent Strokes
  13. Jim - According to Jim
  14. George Lopez - The George Lopez Show
  15. Michael Kyle - My Wife and Kids
  16. Bernie "Mac" McCullough - The Bernie Mac Show
  17. Reginald "Red" Forman - That '70s Show
  18. Archie Bunker - All in the Family
  19. Sandy Cohen - The O.C.
  20. Frank Costanza - Seinfeld
  21. Peter Griffin - Family Guy
  22. Al Bundy - Married...With Children
  23. Homer Simpson - The Simpsons
  24. Tony Soprano - The Sopranos
  25. Ozzy Osbourne - The Osbournes

13 Comments:

Blogger Sar said...

What, no Archie Bunker, George Jefferson, or Fred Sanford? I declare this list is not fair and balanced!

5:21 PM  
Blogger M. Martin said...

1.archie bunker is on the list #18

2.good call on george jefferson (but i don't know that i would vote for him over some others.

3.fred sanford? really? for real?

how about major john d. macGillis from 'major dad' or the two dads from 'my two dads'. you know the 'cool' one and the 'business' one.

6:50 PM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Satan from South Park?

7:38 PM  
Blogger Chris Woods said...

Proving that I really belong in my teenage generation, I think Tim "The Toolman" Taylor or Homer Simpson are the best. :-D Hands-down, the best.

12:40 AM  
Blogger SheaNC said...

GOMEZ ADDAMS!!!
HERMAN MUNSTER!!!

12:59 AM  
Blogger M. Martin said...

good call shea.

I like munsters a little more than the addams family but they were both great.

7:50 AM  
Blogger One of the many said...

For sure Bill Cosby is my fave but a close second would have to be Ray from Everyone Love Raymond.

5:11 PM  
Blogger tlm said...

Dan Conner, James Evans**, George Jetson, Jason Seaver**, President Bartlett, Steven Keaton... so many good ones missed.

(* - TiVo users should be collectively flogged for omitting these!)

7:38 PM  
Blogger M. Martin said...

dan conner...damn I can't believe they didn't get that one!

steven keaton is a big one too but I wasn't a huge family ties fan.

although the very special episode' where alex gets all hopped up on drugs was great!

alex p keaton was like the early version of rush limbaugh.

9:53 AM  
Blogger PATCAM 2009 said...

Dude from the wonder years (my dad to a T).

11:30 PM  
Blogger M. Martin said...

jack arnold

kevins dad.

another good call.

11:30 AM  
Blogger David Sheedy said...

Peter Griffin is a good father and a great role model.

8:11 PM  
Blogger M. Martin said...

i love the family guy.

peter - oh my god, brian, there's a message in my alphabits. it says, 'Oooooo.'
brian: peter, those are cheerios.

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter