Sound Destruction: A CHANGE WILL DO YOU GOOD

Monday, June 13, 2005

A CHANGE WILL DO YOU GOOD

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Remember back in 2003 when Republican Representative Walter Jones dubbed the term "freedom fries"? It still leaves a bad taste in my mouth (resist the pun). Well, it seems he's had a change of heart.
"I voted for the resolution to commit the troops, and I feel that we've done about as much as we can do," Mr Jones said on US network ABC. "I just feel that the reason of going in for weapons of mass destruction, the ability of the Iraqis to make a nuclear weapon, that's all been proven that it was never there."
To his credit he has also written letters of condolence to more than 1,300 families of servicemen killed in Iraq, and has posted pictures of those killed in action outside his congressional office.

Congressman Jones, let me be among the first to commend you on your bold move. I forgive you, and welcome you back to reality.

16 Comments:

Blogger dorna! said...

Good grief a Republican who admits he's wrong?

8:07 PM  
Blogger SheaNC said...

It's true. There are other republicans who are opposed to the neocons who have usurped their party, too. But, they must remain silent or they are ostracized and labeled "RINO's" (Republican In Name Only - that is, those who think for themselves instead of slavishly following the Neocon/PNAC doctrine of destruction). If I may be so bold, may I offer the following old posts of mine? The first is called It's Their Party and They'll Cry If They Want To, and the other is called Wow. Not a shameless plug, really!

11:54 PM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Well, it is good to see that when the hard-blowing tapered there was a good man left behind. He actually inspired this post on my blog.

12:42 AM  
Blogger M. Martin said...

we should sell advertising space
:-)

just kidding

7:46 AM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Sorry, Strider. Invoice me.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Sar said...

Dorna - Dare I say the tide is turning?

For all the comments Shea & Doug provide, they've more than earned the right to link to their posts - especially since we enjoy reading them anyway!

But hey, if Doug wants to cough up some dough, there's a nice pair of summer straw sandals I've been eyeing over at DSW!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Sar, you should have those sandals. I'll send Willie over to sleep at Neverland.

2:44 PM  
Blogger frstlymil said...

I congratulate the courage it took to stand up to his own party like that and actually stand on principal (though I hold him responsible for Jack n'the Box changing the name of their French Fries to "Fresh Fries" - who needs to eat there anyway).

2:54 PM  
Blogger Sar said...

Frstylmil - I haven't had Jack In The Box since I was a kid (I spent the early balance of my childhood growing up in southern Los Angeles - as did Strider).

3:44 PM  
Blogger tlm said...

Hell, they could be renamed Bill and Monica's Fellatio Fries and I'd still eat them! Man, I love french fries.

4:34 PM  
Blogger Sar said...

BTW Doug - Um, should I know who Willie is?

8:15 PM  
Blogger Sar said...

tlm - lol! I love them too, especially with lots of ketchup!

8:16 PM  
Blogger M. Martin said...

i love 'in and out burger'

i wish there was one closer than 2500 miles away.

thants all i have to say at the moment.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Sar said...

Geesh, Strider. Way to be a comment killer!

12:31 PM  
Blogger tlm said...

I'll second Strider's endorsement of In-and-Out. Unfortunately, I live in a very sad place that doesn't have one of those. (Nor a White Castle.)

12:40 PM  
Blogger Sar said...

White Castle - Harold And Kumar! Funny, funny, funny....

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter