Sound Destruction: BANNED...IN THE U.S.A.

Friday, May 06, 2005

BANNED...IN THE U.S.A.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

US coffee shop chain Starbucks has banned the sale of rock star Bruce Springsteen's album over concerns about its adult content. The retailer - which stocks CDs at its branches in the US - said it would be promoting other albums instead. Devils and Dust, which has topped the charts on both sides of the Atlantic, is Springsteen's first album to carry an advisory label. His song Reno describes an explicit encounter with a prostitute.

Wow....

6 Comments:

Blogger Jet said...

Sar;

I wanted to thank you for visiting my blog and leaving the nicest compliment I believe I've ever received there. It is an amazing feeling to move a stranger with your words. Thank you so very much.

Jet

11:02 PM  
Blogger M. Martin said...

FUCK STARBUCKS.

DUNKIN DONUTS RULES!

I was in cali for a week.

no dunkin donuts...

i was singing cinderella all week.

" DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU GOT...TILL IT'S GONE...."

12:36 AM  
Blogger Art Bella said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:57 AM  
Blogger SheaNC said...

oops - corrected an error :)

I wonder what they found so offensive? I thought they were on the side of free speech. I hope this isn't because he refused their sponsorship or something.

2:47 AM  
Blogger Sar said...

I was in Barnes & Noble (my own mecca!) this morning and realized that I could do a one-stop-shop for my Starbucks (including a 10% membership discount)and this album ($9.94 with my membership). What a deal!

1:39 PM  
Blogger Sar said...

Jet - Thank you for kind message in return. :)

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter