Sound Destruction: Why I Love David Duchovny

Friday, April 15, 2005

Why I Love David Duchovny



It is the intoxicating combination of his sultry good looks, sensual voice, and his amazingly brilliant mind that make David Duchovny one helluva sexy guy in my mind.

I was first drawn to David in his portrayal of Fox Mulder on the X-Files. As an FBI agent of the most unusual kind, Mulder shunned traditional office space in lieu of a crummy spot in the basement. From within the bowels of the FBI Headquarters, he spearheaded his search for the paranormal (and his presumed alien-abducted sister) while shirking all governmental athority. What a cool guy! As the seasons progressed, so did the sexual tension between Mulder and his partner, Dana Scully (aptly portrayed by the equally sultry Gillian Anderson). It became quite palpable, and I found myself seeing Mulder through Scully's eyes and feeling the muted sexuality that he silently screamed. I've never quite been able to completely separate David from Mulder in my mind. Palpable indeed.

So while the case for David's physical and avantgarde sexuality is easily made, so is the case for his brililance. David is a well schooled dude. He attended a Collegiate Prep School in New York and went on to recieve a bachelors degree from Princeton and a masters degree from Yale (and, no, he didn't have a certain connected daddy pushing him through). David walked away from the Ph. D. in English Literature he was close to earning at Yale, to pursue acting. He's since become an incredibly accomplished actor, director, and writer.

So, whether his new film, "House of D" is criticaly acclaimed or not, I am anxious for yet another chance to feast my eyes and ears upon this sultry, briliant, and overall sexy guy.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

David Duchovny smells.

11:09 AM  
Blogger Sar said...

anonymous -
If you're referring to the heedy scent of raw masculinity that he exhudes, then I guess your right!

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think he is hot, too!

4:14 PM  
Blogger M. Martin said...

if nedhead is who i think it is...that would be really revealing that nedhead thinks he is hot too.

hmmmm

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter