Sound Destruction: Pras of Fugees Samples U2

Monday, April 25, 2005

Pras of Fugees Samples U2

yes...I guess it was gonna happen one day. one of U2s songs is being sampled.

here is what Pras told rolling stone:


"I got Bono's cell number, and I called and asked him. He said, 'Really, my biggest record of all time?' I sent him the idea, he played it for the rest of the band, and they loved it. Bono called me back and said, 'Listen, I've never cleared a record foranyone, but I'm a fan of the Fugees and a fan of you. If this record can help you, go ahead and take it.'"

you can go here to hear the song if you like. let me know what you think...keeping in mind that I am a HUGE U2 fan.

also in U2 news. I have just noticed how much U2 opening acts kick ass on this tour. I knew that kings of Leon were opener in NJ but jeez they have some great openers on this tour. the killers, snow patrol, franz ferdinand and keane. U2 sure knows how to pick opening bands.

(nedhead...here is your chance to pick on U2. go for it.)

3 Comments:

Blogger M. Martin said...

nonebleeds were 50 bucks...floor were 50 bucks...opening bands play 50 min...not too shabby

i would love to see kings of leon at roseland.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Sar said...

Heard it wasn't so easy to get U2 tx this time around, no?

2:59 PM  
Blogger M. Martin said...

yeah...you said it...

they have lots of fans

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter