Sound Destruction: Lost? Perhaps not after tonight!

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Lost? Perhaps not after tonight!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

[Update: See comments for my reaction to this special. - Sar]

I'm sure I'm not alone in wishing that I had started watching LOST from day 1. But since I didn't, I figured there's no way I could dive in mid-season and know what's going on. Well, we all have a second chance! ABC is running a special episode of LOST tonight which is supposed to bring non-viewers (like me & hubby) up to speed as well as providing some interesting viewing for their existing avid audience.

Special: Lost: The Journey Airdate: April 27, 2005
ABC invites new and avid "Lost" viewers to take a fresh look at one of this season's most talked about shows. "Lost: The Journey" promises to explore the series in a way that will bring new viewers up to date -- but which current viewers will also find illuminating. From the back stories of some of the most interesting characters on television to the mysteries of the island, "Lost: The Journey" will provide an insightful glimpse at the lives of some of the survivors of the doomed Oceanic Airlines flight 815. Narrated in a linear fashion and culminating from the pieces of the back stories told over multiple episodes in the series, "Lost: The Journey" focuses on the flashbacks of a core of characters, illustrating who they were and what they were doing before the crash. In addition, the island itself will be explored - culled from events that have taken place - which may reveal some of its secrets.

4 Comments:

Blogger SheaNC said...

I am proud to say that my wife and I have been watching since the first episode! Sorry, not trying to brag 8^)

We are also so nerdy that we watched the first season of Survivor (and a lot of reality shows since then). If anyone asks me who I voted for in 2004, I say, "Rupert!"

11:37 PM  
Blogger Sar said...

Hubby and I watched the special last night, and we are now officially sucked in (though thankfully not into a plane's engine as was apparently the fate of one poor fella on LOST).

This special was well done, combining voice over naration in a story-telling format ("imagine you were on a plane...") supported by the applicable video segments from the show (including the dialog). The segments were carefully chosen to include introductions of both the characters and the ongoing plot(s). I feel I know enough to jump in now and have a decent feel for what's going on.

I'd be curious to hear from any "regular" LOST views to learn their reaction to this special and to see if they felt there was anything significant left out.

10:28 AM  
Blogger MG said...

I didn't watch the special, since I've already seen them all, but glad you are sucked in now!

Actually, I can't wait until the season comes out on DVD. That will rock ;)

7:04 PM  
Blogger Sar said...

Mox - That will rock! In the meantime, hubby hunted around online and printed out some cool stuff for weekend reading - photos & description of each character, and episode-by-episode summations.

Let me tell ya, when we get into a show, we really get into a show!

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter